Sunday 26 July 2015

New Grandson

Well I have had quite a busy week this week. On Monday I became a Nanny for the first time when my baby grandson Michael was born weighing in at 9lb 6oz.
He is absolutely adorable xx

The first picture is Michaels first meeting with Billy Cat, our cat of nearly 15 years. If you are wondering what happened to Billys ears, he had them removed a couple of years ago due to cancer. He was a bit of a sun worshipper and frazzled them to a crisp on  many occasions. 
Needless to say all the excitement and cuddles put my knitting on hold for a few days.

I am sure that Michael will be seen in many more of my blog posts in the future modelling my knitting projects.

On that note I decided to start knitting some booties today using a free pattern that I found through Pintrest for baby Uggs.
they are very easy to knit and I managed to get one finished just before my grandson turned up to meet our cat.

I am knitting them in Knitcole trends by Adriafil colour 047. This is a dk weight yarn and I am knitting them on 3.75mm needles. 
It is 100% Lana Merino virgin wool and is lovely and soft and is very smooth to knit with on my bamboo Knit Pro knitting needles.
I would definitely recommend both the wool and the pattern.I have a couple of other colours to use yet, I got them on offer at my local wool shop Knitty Noras in Chorley,  Lancashire . 

Happy knitting,  Heather xx


No comments:

Post a Comment